100 degrees and counting!
Bienvenidos a Sevilla! Acabo de regresar de Sevilla! (I have just returned from Sevilla). Jen has been studying abroad there and I was looking for a nice hot vacation while I away on this adventure, so visiting Jen was just the thing! It was between 90 and 104 degrees Farenheit while I was there and it was so nice to always step out into warmth. Even in the middle of the night it didn't drop below 80, so evenings we're absolutley wonderful. Of course, walking all over the city and climbing a bell tower in that heat, you start to wonder if one could actually get completely used to it.
There are so many beautiful things in Sevilla and it's a picturesque Spanish city. I arrived on Friday evening and we did a few things around the city, went for drinks by the river, and saw a Flamenco performance, and had a lovely dinner in town.
Saturday was beach day and we took the train to Cadiz. I worked on my tan and went swimming. The water was a bit chilly, but it got so hot lying out that diving right in wasn't much of a problem. That night back in Sevilla we went out for drinks to this popular place that makes super gigantic Mojitos.. it was excellent.
Then on Sunday we did some touristy sights around Sevilla and had a picnic in the Castle gardnes which is really one of the prettiest places I've seen and is exactly what you would imagine Spain to be like. We also visited Plaza de Espana, which is now used as a government building. We also went to a Salsa bar and watched some natives Salsa! It was really fun and made me really want to learn how to dance it.. but it looks really hard.
On the last day, before my flight, we went into the center one more time to explore the Cathedral and to climb the Giralda (the bell tower). It gives you a lovely view of the city, about 30 stories up [phew!] Hot and sweaty, almost tempted to consider that it was too hot, we headed back to Jen's piso and I packed up for my return (brrr..) to Bristol.
Back in England I was greeted by a sweltering 65 degrees Farenheit... ugh. It looks like we're headed for proper cool, English weather all week, but hopefully it will begin to warm up for Summer Camp! I've got Summer Camp on the brain as I'm in the final stretch for planning and prep.
I can't believe I only have two more weeks left of my UK stay! I plan to be making the most of it and will hopefully be doing a day trip or two this coming weekend to some places in the UK.
Hasta luego!


0 Response to "100 degrees and counting!"
Post a Comment